Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

Click the Title above to locate other Bloomin' Tuesday gardens.

I love Bloomin' Tuesdays...I find myself hoping for 'this' or 'that' to be in bloom so I can share it with everyone.

Yesterday, I received a little help in the garden pruning the trees. The blooms are mostly gone and it is growing season so the Palo Verde and Palo Brea were masterfully pruned.

I must admit, I get a physiological response to pruning. And, I know that when a plant is properly pruned the pruning contributes to the overall health and beauty of the plant, but I still feel like I should wait and see what is does next... I guess that isn't to say that plants left to there own devises are not beautiful, but they do tend to be in a perpetual stage of potential...and help is a good thing...which reminds me that I am the branches that are masterfully pruned.

Here is what is blooming today in my AZ garden.



Above, Larkspur ( Consolida ambigua) and Perry's Penstumum(Penstemon parryi)



Above, Desert Senna (Senna covesil)

6 comments:

  1. I hear ya, pruning and pinching to help the plants is hard for me sometimes too. Love the larkspur, mine is just beginning to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I hate to thin when I plant seeds or dig up invasive plants. I love the larkspur
    ! I haven't had much luck with that so far. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of that Larspur - Thanks for sharing such cheery flowers! Paula in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms. I know what you mean when you say you look forward to Bloomin' Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised your Penstemon is still blooming. Mine have all stopped and gone to seed, and I need to gather some seeds and then cut the stalks. I usually wait too long and the seeds have already scattered!
    Senna covesii is always so pretty this time of year, but then, not so much. I don't have any for that reason, but probably should relent and put in a couple. It's a no care plant, for sure!
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your wonderful blooms . I just put up my post as I am a bit late So I am blooming Wednesday. lol. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete